Powder Coating Companies in Rhode Island
Rhode Island’s economy was once led by the manufacturing sector. Today, the Ocean State is home to a variety of banks and insurance companies. As the economy improves, Rhode Island’s leaders say its venture capital fund wants to attract new promising businesses. Its business-ready environment and proximity to New York, Boston, and Philadelphia make Rhode Island a gateway to East Coast enterprise.
Rhode Island Industrial Locations
Quonset Point Business Park and the Port of Davisville is considered one of New England’s premier industrial locations. The Business Park is headquarters to almost 200 companies that employ more than 10,000 people in each sector of the Rhode Island economy. The area generates almost $1 billion in income for Rhode Island’s households as well as more than $30 million in tax revenues to Rhode Island.
The Port of Davisville:
- Processes more than 175,000 motor vehicles arriving by sea (another 35,000 arrive through the Business Park by truck or rail, making Rhode Island one of the top vehicle importers in North America).
The Port of Providence:
- Ranks number four in New England. It moves more than eight million tons of cargo per year.
Rhode Island Business Perspective
- The average annual pay for Rhode Island employees in the private sector is about $45,000 (approximately 10 percent less than the U.S. average—and greater than 25 percent less than those in Massachusetts and Connecticut (2013).
- Rhode Island ranks high in the State New Economy Index (2014) in which states were ranked by their capacity to support new growth in a changing economy. Rhode Island received high marks for health information technology (HIT) #6, broadband telecommunications #11, computer and information scientist/100,000 private sector workers #4, computer hardware engineers/100,000 private sector workers #2, computer programmers/100,000 workers #3.
- Based on Real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2013, Rhode Island’s top industries are 1) financial services, 2) insurance, 3) real estate, and 4) rental and leasing. The top contributor to real growth of GDP was business and professional services.
- Lead companies based in Rhode Island include 1) CVS Caremark, one of the nation’s top employers in the private sector, 2) Textron, one of the nation’s largest aircraft, industrial, and defense producers, 3) United Natural Foods, Inc., one of the U.S.’ top organic and natural foods distributors, 4) GTCH, one of the world’s largest lottery and gaming technology providers, 5) Hasbro, Inc., considered one of the most “ethical” companies in the world, 6) Citizens Financial Group, Inc., one of the largest commercial banks in the country (approximately one-third of its 18,000 employees work in the Providence headquarters), 7) Amgen, Inc., one of the largest biotechnology companies in the U.S., 8) Fidelity Investments, one of the country’s leading financial services firms, and 9) Pfizer, Inc., one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, has operations here.
Powder coating services in Rhode Island include certified nuclear and automotive powdering coating providers for springs, medical, auto components, knives, tools, fixtures, aircraft parts and more.
Top 3 Powder Coaters in Rhode Island
Prism Powder Coating
12 Kendrick Rd #9 Wareham, MA 02571
DIFRUSCIA INDUSTRIES INC.
20 A Starr Street Johnston, RI 02919
Innovative Powder Coating
78 Tiffany Street North Providence, RI 02886