Powder Coating Companies in Oregon
The economy of Oregon continues to transition from a natural resources-based to high technology, manufacturing, and services-based economy. Oregon’s “tech bust” of the 2000 to 2003 years caused the state to lose more than 43,000 jobs.
Today, Oregon’s median household income of almost $61,000 is 17th highest in the nation:
- GDP of Oregon is approximately $225 bn. Oregon hands in the top 50 percent of states by GDP.
- Oregon is ranked number 33 in per capita personal income (about $40,000)
- In contrast, Oregon’s citizens are among the highest users of food stamps (SNAP Program): approximately 20 percent of the population use food stamps.
Oregon’s Top Industries
- Agriculture remains one of Oregon’s top industry groups. In 2016, more than 100 million pounds of blueberries were produced in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Oregon is also one of the top hazelnut growers in the world. About 95 percent of domestic hazelnuts are grown here. Its wine industry continues to grow: Oregon currently ranks third in the number of wineries per state (about 700 wineries). Oregon also produces about seven percent of the country’s cranberry crop. Wheat, cattle, eggs-poultry, cattle, sheep and dairy represent other important agricultural crops in Oregon.
- Forestry-fisheries are an important industry group in Oregon. Finished goods, such as building materials and paper have declined in recent years. Slowing in the timber-lumber industry has created high unemployment rates in some parts of Oregon. Salmon fishing is also important to Oregon. It is one of the largest salmon producers in the world. Note: because of the state’s waterways, Oregon is also a large producer of hydroelectric power.
- Tourism-entertainment: Tourism is an important industry in Oregon. Oregon’s lakes, mountains, beaches, forests, rivers, and waterfalls attract visitors. Portland also attracts tourists from around the world. CNN and U.S. News and World Report say that Portland has some of the best eateries in the world. Portland also has the highest number of breweries of any city on earth.
- Technology: High tech in Silicon Forest remains an important industry. Tektronix, Intel, Genentech, Google, Facebook, and Amazon all have a presence here.
- Corporate headquarters: Oregon is home to Nike, FLIR Systems, Portland General Electric, Precision Castparts, StanCorp Financial, Columbia Sportswear, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Umpqua Holdings, Lithia Motors, Northwest Natural Gas, and The Greenbrier Companies.
- U.S. Federal government: The United States government and its agencies and Providence Health Systems are large employers in Oregon. The federal government employs about 12,000 people. Providence Health employs about 14,000 people.
Oregon’s powder coating services include industrial, metal, short-run, and thermoplastic providers. These businesses serve the automotive, tool, firearm, fishing, marine, forestry, and technology industries.
Top 3 Powder Coaters in Oregon
2132 Pole Road Moore, OK 73160
Broken Arrow Powder Coating Inc.
2051 SW Expressway Drive Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Topps Powder Coating
2132 Pole Road Moore, OK 73160